Mother’s Day is a lovely day of burnt toast and odd smelling bath salts (which we adore). But what about giving yourself a gift this year? During the week before Mother’s Day, use the Tend app to keep track of everything you do to care for yourself, your family, your pets, your home (you get the idea, all the things). Based on the information you provide, the Tend app can calculate what it would have cost if you had paid someone $15 an hour to do everything you did. If you are chosen as our winner, we will pay you that amount (up to $300).
We want you to shout from the rooftops, #MYWORKHASVALUE!
The Contest runs from May 3rd through May 9th, 2021. To enter the contest:
- Track your work in Tend.
- Take a screenshot of your dashboard showing the dollar value for the work you saved your family.
- Post your photo on the social media platform of your choice; Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.**
- For your entry to count, you must tag us @tendtask and use the hashtag #MYWORKHASVALUE.
- If you’re not comfortable sharing on social media, you can also email your screenshot to email@example.com and use the hashtag in the subject line to enter the contest.
- You can enter once each day between May 3rd to May 9th, for 7 total chances to win if you play every day.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter this contest.
- Link for the app on Google Play
- Link for the app on Apple App Store
We’ll choose a winner in the third week of May and we will pay the winner for one day of their invisible labor that week – up to $300.
So this Mother’s Day, let’s resolve to recognize that you’re already working hard, that you’re already good enough and that the work you do has value.
* We used the US standard living wage of $15 to calculate the market value. We know this is not everyone’s reality, but we felt it was a good starting point. We’re working to add more functionality to the app, so you can customize your market value based on your specific life circumstances. For our Canadian users, we will convert the prize to Canadian Dollars.
** This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.